We're hiring for a half-to-full-time position with the Public Knowledge Project, working on our XML parsing/rendering service.
Project summary: http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?Live=16114&start=5130&bhcp=1
Demo instance: http://pkp-udev.lib.sfu.ca/
- experience with PHP (ideally Zend) and *nix scripting.
- an interest in text parsing technologies, e.g. XPath, machine learning, named entity recognition, or some combination thereof.
Additional consideration given for:
- knowledge of, or experience with, PKP software (e.g. Open Journal Systems) or a similar open source project is valuable but not necessary.
- enthusiasm for open source projects and understanding of the benefits of openness in general (open access, open standards, open data, open access to information, etc.)
- knowledge of Java and/or Python.
- experience with academic article production, the National Library of Medicine JATS specification, and/or the ins and outs of PDFs.
Interested applicants should send the following:
- a cover letter containing a summary of their experience, and at least two references;
- a copy of their resume; and
- code samples, ideally open-source (e.g. via a Github repository).