The FORCE11 Board of Directors (“the Board”) is an elected leadership body. Membership in the Board brings with it certain responsibilities, expressed here as the FORCE11 Board Code of Conduct. All Board members commit to adhere to this Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
- The FORCE11 Board represents the interests of all members of the FORCE11 community, and safeguards the long-term mission of FORCE11 as outlined in its Mission Statement, policies, principles and decisions taken by the Board.
- Board members will demonstrate exemplary support for FORCE11, model its principles, and will not bring either into disrepute.
- Board members agree to read, understand and uphold the organizational bylaws (link).
- Board members will declare any conflicts of interest openly and recuse themselves from discussions and votes where conflict of interest may be perceived. They act with integrity at all times.
- Board matters and internal discussions are engaged in collegially, courteously, and objectively. Disagreements are never personalized.
- Board discussions are confidential. Board members strive for transparency in the communication of decisions while recognising that some internal discussions may be sensitive and therefore discussions should not be shared outside the Board unless specifically authorized. Summaries of all decisions taken will be made publicly available.
- The Board and its members do not discriminate or show preference on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, or sexual preference, and consistently model non-discriminatory behavior in daily interactions.
- Press inquiries will be directed to the President of the Board or to the President’s designated representative to speak on behalf of the organization.
- Any questions or potential issues concerning adherence to this Code, including potential conflicts of interest (of your own or another person) should be raised with the President of the Board. Where this is not appropriate issues should be raised with another officer (Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) of the Board.