SOPHIA (Social Phrases Having ImpacAt)
SOPHIA (Social Phrases Having ImpacAt) is an altmetric network analyzer and visualizer showing the presence of academics and institutions in the grey literature and social media.
Developed by Insight Centre for Data Analytics, National University of Ireland, Galway in a co-funded partnership with Elsevier, SOPHIA shows networks in the field of avian flu. The purpose of the partnership is to explore models of diffusion and influence of academics in previously non-indexed documents. These include policy documents, governmental documents, blogs and mass media and documents produced by not-for-profits and the voluntary sector.
SOPHIA is a multi-faceted tool, that will (for a given sub-network):
- Show a timeline of documents to show the key moments in the network,
- Compute values for authority, ego and influence for the nodes within the network, for academic individuals, institutions and document domains (eg, nih.gov, oxfam.org.uk),
- To discover key documents that are bringing together disparate networks and researchers,
- To encourage a sub-topic level exploration of the altmetric network
- To explore the differences in point of view - where researchers are speaking, versus being quoted