The following information is provided for instructors. We will be updating this page often.
We have booked classrooms for each class at two different buildings: Carnesale Commons (Palisades, Hermosa, and Venice rooms) and De Neve Plaza. Rooms have been assigned and posted on the course list .
Same rooms will be used for AM and PM courses, so after your class please arrange the room back to its original format.
If you have additional needs, please let us know 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and we will try to accommodate your requests.
Equipment and Classroom Outline:
- Most rooms will have a projector (with HDMI Connection) and screen with the exception of De Neve Birch 3rd floor lounge which will have a 55" television screen.
- The classrooms are all small-sized and sound will not be needed
- Please bring your own laptop - Please note all projectors have an HDMI connection. If you have a Mac Computer or a VGA connection you will need to bring your own adapter to connect to the projector.
- The slide display ration from the project to screen is 16x9
- You may use blue painters tape and sticky notes on the wall, but please remove them when your class is over
- All rooms are set up with classroom seating. Instructors are free to arrange the room as they wish, but please put the room in its original classroom seating at the end of each course each day.
- If you need supplies there is a bookstore on campus located in Ackerman- B Level and Hill Top Shop near De Neve Housing where you can buy supplies. FSCI does not have a budget for these additional items. We may have access to a few flip charts, post-it notes and pads of paper, please send a note to ‘email@example.com’ and inquire if available.
We will be using this survey to evaluate each course and the institute as a whole. Individual classes may, of course, prepare a course survey for their individual classes. For your class only, you may send out an additional assessment questionaire a couple of months after the workshop to better understand the impact of the class.
Advance Contact with Participants
- If you wish you may contact students prior to the event, but it is best protocol to use the bcc unless you ask individuals if it is okay to include everyone’s email in the ‘to’ area. Each instructor will be given their course participant list in advance of FSCI.
If you have not already done so, all instructors please fill out this form prior to arrival at FSCI.
Instructor Meeting - Review of week activities, updates to course information.
Carnesale Commons - Venice Room
Sunday, August 4, 2019 5:00pm - 6:00pm (Optional)
Link to Google Drive Instructor folders
Link to Website Course List and Course Abstracts
- Monday, June 3 - Draft Course Syllabus due
- Monday, June 10 - URL Links to Syllabus added to course listing on FSCI website
- Monday, July 1 - Final date for any updates to your Syllabus and resources
- Friday, July 5 - Final syllabus and materials will be distributed to course participants
Here is a list of items that will be provided for each course. Please note these are the ONLY items we can reimburse.
- (1) Complimentary Registration Fees
- (1) Complimentary Tuition
- Daily Meals during the Institute (Mon - Fri) included for those staying on campus.
- On-campus housing ONLY Sun - Fri single room - Note: For those who are traveling from afar we can also provide a room on Sat night
- Travel (airfare only) reimbursement upon request. Coach fares. International fare reimbursement up to $1,500.00. Domestic fare reimbursement up to $800. We cannot reimburse for any other travel-related items. Thank you for your understanding
There are two class periods of three hours each day (on Monday, the morning class period only will be two hours rather than three to allow a plenary session for introductions). Morning (AM) classes run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for the week (12 hours total). Afternoon classes run either Monday-Tuesday (MT), or Wednesday-Thursday (WT) (6 hours each). We will be scheduling during the event times where classes will be able to present their materials during a plenary session.
There is a common lunch break between 12:00-1:00 pm each day. Meals are provided for those who are staying at the on-campus housing and will be served at the cafeteria next to the dorm location. For those not staying in on-campus housing, here is a list of restaurants where you will be able to order food. Make sure to release students on time so they can get their lunch.
FSCI Opening Plenary
Monday, August 5, 2019 9:00AM- 9:45AM
AM Courses (AM)
Monday 10:00AM- 12:00PM
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:30AM- 12:00PM
Afternoon Courses (MT) and (WT) - 6 hours each
Monday and Tuesday (MT) 1:00PM- 4:00PM
Wednesday and Thursday (WT) 1:00PM- 4:00PM
Other Relevant Information