The following information is provided for instructors. We will be updating this page often.
Here is a list of items that will be provided for each course.
- (1) Complimentary Registration Fees
- (1) Complimentary Tuition
- Daily Meals during the Institute (Mon - Fri) included for those staying on campus.
- On-campus housing ONLY Sun - Fri single room - Note: For those who are traveling from afar we can also provide a room on Sat night
- Travel reimbursement upon request. Coach fares. International fare reimbursement up to $1,500.00. Domestic fare reimbursement up to $800.
PRE-FSCI INSTRUCTORS ORIENTATION
There will be scheduled pre-event instructor orientations via conference call on Tuesday, May 21st and Wednesday, May 22nd at 8:00 AM PST. An invitation will be sent out and please come back here for any more updates.
Call-in information - ZOOM
- Join from a PC: https://ucsd.zoom.us/j/3526651763 or
- Join from phone (US Toll): +1-646-558-8656 ID#: 3526651763#
- (International numbers available: https://goo.gl/6wqeoA)
ON-SITE INSTRUCTORS ORIENTATION
Instructor Meeting - Review of week activities, updates to course information.
Sunday, August 4, 2019 5:00pm - 6:00pm (Location TBA)
There are two class periods of three hours each day (on Monday, the morning class period only will be two hours rather than three to allow a plenary session for introductions). Morning (AM) classes run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for the week (12 hours total). Afternoon classes run either Monday-Tuesday (MT), or Wednesday-Thursday (WT) (6 hours each). We will be scheduling during the event times where classes will be able to present their materials during a plenary session.
There is a common lunch break between 12:00-1:00 pm each day. Meals are provided for those who are staying at the on-campus housing and will be served at the cafeteria next to the dorm location. For those not staying in on-campus housing, here is a list of restaurants where you will be able to order food. Make sure to release students on time so they can get their lunch.
FSCI Opening Plenary
Monday, August 5, 2019 9:00AM- 9:30AM
AM Courses (AM)
Monday 10:00AM- 12:00PM
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 9:00AM- 12:00PM
Afternoon Courses (MT) and (WT) - 6 hours each
Monday and Tuesday (MT) 1:00PM- 4:00PM
Wednesday and Thursday (WT) 1:00PM- 4:00PM
We have booked classrooms for each class at two different buildings: Palisades and Venice at Carnesale Commons and De Neve Plaza. Below are the classroom names, descriptions, and amenities. Rooms will be assigned and posted on the course list on July 15.
|Palisades ABCF||Projector, Sound & Screen|
Projector, Sound & Screen
|Palisades E||Projector, Sound & Screen|
|Venice||Projector, Sound & Screen|
|De Neve A1 Lounge||Screen, TV, Whiteboard|
|De Neve A3 Lounge||Screen, TV, Whiteboard|
|De Neve A4 Lounge||Screen, TV, Whiteboard|
|De Neve B2 Lounge||Screen, TV, Whiteboard|
|De Neve B3 Lounge||Screen, TV, Whiteboard|
|De Neve B4 Lounge||Projector, Screen, Whiteboard|
|De Neve B5 Lounge||Projector, Screen, Whiteboard|
|De Neve B6 Lounge||Projector, Screen, Whiteboard|
Same rooms will be used for AM and PM courses, so after your class please arrange the room back to its original format.
If you have additional needs, please let us know 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and we will try to accommodate your requests.
Equipment and Classroom Outline:
- All projectors are equipped with sound
- Rooms that do not have a projector, but have a TV, are equipped with sound through the TV
- Please bring your own laptop
- You may use blue painters tape and sticky notes on the wall, but please remove them when your class is over
- If you need supplies there is a bookstore on campus located in Ackerman- B Level and Hill Top Shop near De Neve Housing where you can buy supplies. FSCI does not have a budget for these additional items. We may have access to a few flip charts and pads of paper. If you need one of these, please send a note to ‘email@example.com’ and inquire if available.
We will be using a survey to evaluate each course and the institute as a whole. Individual classes may, of course, prepare a course survey for their individual classes. For your class only, you may send out an additional assessment questionaire a couple of months after the workshop to better understand the impact of the class.
Advance Contact with Participants
- If you wish you may contact students prior to the event, but it is best protocol to use the bcc unless you ask individuals if it is okay to include everyone’s email in the ‘to’ area. Each instructor will be given their course participant list in advance of FSCI.
To be provided prior to the start of FSCI
Other Relevant Information