Campus Information 2019 Brochure - Downloadable PDF
Safety Information Brochure - Downloadable PDF
- The Business Center services include high-volume black & white and color printing/copying, faxing, and personal computer rental (PC and Mac).
- Located in Covel Commons, 1st Floor
- Meals are included in housing fees, and are all-you-care-to-eat in our residential restaurants. Learn more about dining options, on campus and off campus.
- UCLA is a completely tobacco-free campus.
- Wireless internet access is provided throughout campus.
- We strongly recommend setting up Eduroam from your home institution, as it is the most secure and reliable available wireless network.
UCLA_WEB is an open freely available wireless network on the main campus.
Need additional help with wireless connectivity? Visit the Student Technology Center, or contact the Covel Business Center (310) 825-3400.
Recreational facilities available to FSCI participants staying in campus housing:
*Closest and least crowded gym will be Bruin Fitness Center
- Campus housing key provides access to workout room next to Palasides Ballroom called “Be Fit” or the “John Wooden Center”.
- Big Gym – John Wooden Center
- Smaller Gym – Bfit (in between De Neve Plaza and Carnesale Commons building)
- Sunset Canyon Recreation Center (Pools)
- UCLA's Olympic-quality recreation facilities include swimming pools, tennis, racquetball, basketball courts, a rock climbing wall, and workout facilities.
- Bicycle rentals are available through UCLA Recreation, including rentable bikes and scooters found all over campus.
- Plaza La Reina (UCLA Campus)
- Average $300 per night
- 10850 Lindbrook Drive, Los Angeles CA 90024
- (310) 986-6888
- Royal Palace Westwood (UCLA Campus)
- Average $220 per night
- 1052 Tiverton Ave, Los Angeles CA 90024
- (310) 208-6677
- Kimpton Hotel
- Average $288 per night
- 10740 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90024
- (877) 859-5159
Local home-share services, including AirBnb and VRBO, are active in Los Angeles and the UCLA area.
UCLA campus parking policies are strictly enforced. There will be pre-ordered parking passes for purchase at the De Neve front desk, or you may use a Kiosk which will be $13/ day. The Uber/Lyft drop-off nearest to the housing is number '5 Dykstra', there is also a map of all the Uber/Lyft Drop-off Locations
Bicycle rentals are available through UCLA Recreation, in addition to rentable bikes and scooters found all over campus.
Uber, Lyft, shuttle, and taxi services are available from the LAX airport.
- Drop-off location is DeNeve A&B.
Shuttle: Book a SuperShuttle in advance to and from the airport.
Taxi Services include:
- Yellow Cab Co. where you can book an appointment online or download the app.
- LA Checker Cab Company where you can book an appointment online.
- LA City Cab where you can request a quote or call to book an appointment.
Bus: The Big Blue Bus goes from LAX to Westwood/UCLA.
- Take LAX Airport Shuttle bus to the Transit Center,
- From the Transit Center, take the Number 3 Big Blue Bus all the way to UCLA.
- The bus will take about an hour to get to UCLA.
Campus housing parking:
- There is limited campus parking in Lot DD (near campus housing.)
- Parking passes must be purchased and displayed on the car dashboard and you must park in the correct parking spots.
- Read your parking pass carefully and familiarize yourself with the parking spot colors and letters.
- Park only in the designated spots as described on your purchased parking pass.
Faculty and Staff Parking Permit Reciprocity:
- Are you faculty or staff from another UC Campus? The University of California campuses offer reciprocity for faculty and staff parking permits.
- Present your valid parking permit from your home campus to the UCLA Information & Parking booth or the Parking Office to obtain a UCLA-specific permit at no charge.
- The permit is valid for up to five consecutive days per quarter.
- Student permits do not have reciprocity.
- Additional information is on the UCLA Faculty and Staff Parking Permit Reciprocity website.
UCLA has electric vehicle charging stations in these parking areas.
Dining On Campus
For FSCI participants staying in campus housing, all-you-care-to-eat meals at the DeNeve Dining Hall are included in the housing fee. The food is quite good with a great variety of choices, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dietician approved options. In addition, kosher meals are available if requested in advance.
FSCI participants who are commuting may purchase all-you-care-to-eat meal tickets at the DeNeve front desk for $14.00 breakfast, $17.00 lunch and $18.00 dinner. Menus change daily - take a look at today's menu.
The dining hall is open for Breakfast from 7AM-9AM, Lunch is from 11AM-2PM and Dinner will be served starting at 5PM. Only one entry is allowed for each meal.
In addition, there are additional restaurants available on campus, including restaurants outside the building where FSCI meets.
The Hilltop market is located in Sunset Village on campus. Additional markets, shops and restaurants are located in the Village of Westwood,a 10-minute walk south of De Neve.
- Fellow (American) $$
- Gushi (Korean) $
- KazuNori (Sushi Bar) $$
- CAVA (Mediterranean) $$
- Kopan Ramen (Ramen) $$
- Pinches Tacos (Mexican) $$
- House of Meatballs (Italian) $$
- Crazy Falafel (Falafel) $
All of the major meal-delivery app based services deliver to the UCLA area.
Common Los Angeles Attractions:
If you would like to explore Los Angeles museums, culture, beaches and entertainment without a car then refer to U-SEE-LA Without a Car