(after July 15 - 11:45 GMT-14)
|UCLA Campus Housing||$156 per night includes meals||$156 per night includes meals|
Online registration will close on July 19, 2019. After this date, registrations accepted on-site only.
- Tuition includes 5 days of classes: (1) 4-day class (approximately 13 hours) and (2) 2-day 6-hour classes plus plenary sessions and social activities
- Tuition includes all course materials.
- Tuition includes coffee breaks each day.
- Housing fees are not included in the tuition fees. Please see below for housing options. You will be able to register for campus housing through the FSCI registration system.
- Meals are not included in the tuition fees. Meals are provided as part of the campus housing package for those who choose to stay in designated on-campus housing.
Check-in for FSCI Registration begins the morning of Monday, August 5th at Carnesale Commons on the 3rd floor foyer outside of the Palisades Ballroom.
See FSCI agenda here.
Single - $156.00 per night: One person in private room with private bathroom including 3 cafeteria meals per day. Though rooms have 2 beds, the single rate is for one person only. If you plan to share a room with someone, please select a double room.
Double - $200.00 per night: Two people sharing one room with one bathroom including 3 cafeteria meals per day per person. Please note: in the registration system you will be asked to pay for the full amount. If you plan to share the cost with your roommate, please contact FSCI Housing in advance of registration to discuss payments process - email@example.com
Rooms are available starting Sunday, August 4 through Saturday, August 10.
If you require rooms before or after these dates, please contact us by emailing Lusia at 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. If rooms are available on campus for dates prior to and following the FSCI dates they “MAY” be in a different building and will require the guest to move to the FSCI room building during the Institute dates.
If you require a room that meets Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, they are available - just let us know at 'email@example.com'
FSCI participants are housed in the DeNeve Residential Plaza on campus in building A (Acacia) and B (Birch), a 24-hour front desk with services for check-in, messages, and information. Single-occupancy or double-occupancy rooms are available, with private baths and air conditioning. While the guest rooms are private, secure, and in newer residential buildings, they are nevertheless in student housing (aka dorms) and do not meet typical hotel standards. All rooms include extra-long twin beds. Linens, basic toiletries, and daily housekeeping service are provided. Self-service laundry (operated by cards purchased from the front desk) is available in every building.
- Air Conditioning
- Private bathrooms for Single Rooms
- Shared bathrooms for Double Rooms
- Linens (sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase)
- Towel and washcloth
- Basic toiletries (shampoo, hair conditioner, lotion, soap, toilet paper)
- Daily housekeeping
- Wireless Internet
- Campus phone
- The landline phones provided in the rooms can make calls only to UCLA campus extensions
- Most mobile phone carriers have excellent coverage all over campus
- Lighting - overhead only (no bedside lamps available)
There are no televisions or radios in the rooms, and hair dryers and irons are not supplied.
Check-in Time: 4:00 pm
FSCI campus housing check-in will be located at the De NEVE plaza front desk- 351 Charles E. Young Drive West, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (West is important).
DeNeve Front Desk: (310) 825-5451 (Open 24 hours)
Check-out Time: 11:00 am
Room keys must be returned to the housing front desk.*
*There will be a charge for each lost or unreturned key of $10 for each non-returned electronic key and $60 for each non-returned metal key.
Recreational facilities available to FSCI participants staying in campus housing:
- Campus housing key provides access to workout room next to Palasides Ballroom called “Be Fit” or the “John Wooden Center”.
- Big Gym – John Wooden Center
- Smaller Gym – Bfit (in between De Neve Plaza and Carnesale Commons building)
- Sunset Canyon Recreation Center (Pools)
- UCLA's Olympic-quality recreation facilities include swimming pools, tennis, racquetball, basketball courts, a rock climbing wall, and workout facilities.
- Bicycle rentals are available through UCLA Recreation, including rentable bikes and scooters found all over campus.