The following information is provided for instructors. We will be updating this page often. Please bookmark this page for reference
- Code of Conduct
- Classroom Information
- Instructor Resources
- Course Materials and Timeline
- Instructor Expenses
- Instructor Registration and Housing
- Instructor Orientation
We have booked classrooms for each course at two different buildings on UCLA campus: Carnesale Commons (Hermosa, Venice and Malibu rooms) and De Neve Plaza. Room Assignments will be posted here in June
The same rooms will be utilized for multiple courses per day and therefore we would appreciate it if you would please arrange the room back to its original format at the end of your course each day.
If you have additional needs, please let us know 'email@example.com' and we will try to accommodate your requests.
Equipment and Classroom Outline:
- Most rooms will have a projector (with HDMI Connection) and a screen with the exception of De Neve Birch 3rd floor lounge which will have a 55" television screen.
- The classrooms are all small-sized and there will not be an in room sound system or microphone provided.
- Please bring your own laptop - Please note all projectors have an HDMI connection. If you have a Mac Computer or a VGA connection you will need to bring your own adapter to connect to the projector.
- The slide display ratio from the project to the screen is 16x9
- You may use blue painters tape and sticky notes on the wall, but please remove them when your class is over
- All rooms are set up with classroom seating. Instructors are free to arrange the room as they wish, but please put the room in its original classroom seating at the end of each course each day.
- If you need supplies you may purchase them at the bookstore on campus located in Ackerman- B Level and Hill Top Shop near De Neve Housing. FSCI does not have a budget for these additional items. We may have access to a few flip charts, post-it notes and pads of paper, please send a note to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and inquire if available.
We will be using a survey (LINK WILL BE ADDED HERE) to evaluate each course and the institute as a whole. Individual classes may, of course, prepare a course survey for their individual classes. For your class only, you may send out an additional assessment questionnaire a couple of months after the workshop to better understand the impact of the class.
Advance Contact with Participants
- If you wish you may contact students prior to the event, but it is best protocol to use the bcc section of the email unless you ask individuals if it is okay to include everyone’s email in the ‘to’ area. Each instructor will be given their course participant list in advance of FSCI.
If you have not already done so, all instructors please fill out this form prior to arrival at FSCI.
Instructor Meeting - Review of week activities, updates to course information.
DeNeve Commons Building - Meeting Location to be advised
Sunday, August 2, 2020 5:00pm - 6:00pm (Optional)
Link to Google Drive Instructor folders
- Monday, June 1, 2020 - Draft Course Syllabus due
- Monday, June 8, 2020 - URL Links to Syllabus added to course listing on FSCI website
- Monday, June 29, 2020 - Final date for any updates to your Syllabus and resources
- Thursday, July 2, 2020 - Final syllabus and materials will be distributed to course participants
- Monday, July 6, 2020 - Course student signup lists will be sent to each instructor
Here is a list of items that will be provided per course. Please note these are the ONLY items we can reimburse.
- (1) Complimentary Tuition for (1) instructor (if a course has more than 1 instructor the discounted tuition rate is $400 per instructor)
- Daily Meals during the Institute (Mon - Fri) for (1) instructor.
- On-campus housing Sun - Fri single room - Note: For those who are traveling from afar we can also provide a room on Sat night if needed
- Airfare reimbursement for Coach fare for (1) instructor. International fare reimbursement up to $1,500.00. Domestic fare reimbursement up to $800. Please book early.
The following are the designated registration links for FSCI instructors and speakers. These are to be used only by FSCI instructors or those speakers who have authority to register as a Speaker.
|Instructor comp - NO Campus Housing||Use this link if you are the designated person for your course to receive the complimentary registration package (as outlined above) and do not need on-campus housing.||Complimentary|
|Instructor comp - YES Campus Housing||Use this link if you are the designated person for your course to receive the complimentary registration package (as outlined above) and will use the complimentary on-campus housing||Complimentary|
|Co-instructor - NO Campus Housing||Use this link if you are a co-instructor who is not utilizing the course package of (1) complimentary registration package (as outlined above) and do not need on-campus housing||$400.00|
|Co-instructor - YES Campus Housing||
Use this link if you are a co-instructor who is not utilizing the course package of (1) complimentary registration package as outlined above and will use on-campus housing
There are two class periods of three hours each day (on Monday, the morning class period only will be two hours rather than three to allow a plenary session for introductions). Morning (AM) classes run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for the week (12 hours total). Afternoon classes run either Monday-Tuesday (MT), or Wednesday-Thursday (WT) (6 hours each).
There is a common lunch break between 12:00-1:00 pm each day. Meals are provided for those who are staying at the on-campus housing and will be served at the cafeteria next to the dorm location. For those not staying in on-campus housing, here is a list of restaurants where you will be able to order food. Make sure to release students on time so they can get their lunch.
FSCI Opening Plenary
Monday, August 3, 2020 9:00AM - 9:45AM
AM Courses (AM)
Monday 10:00AM- 12:00PM
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:30AM- 12:00PM
Afternoon Courses (MT) and (WT) - 6 hours each
Monday and Tuesday (MT) 2:30PM - 5:30PM
Wednesday and Thursday (WT) 2:30PM - 5:30PM
We will hold two instructor orientation webinars in May 2020 to review the activities of the institute and review upcoming deadlines. We will also hold an optional orientation at FSCI on Sunday, August 2, 2020 5pm in the De Neve Building (room to be advised)
Here are the dates of upcoming instructor orientations:
- Wednesday, May 20 at 8:00am Pacific Time - Zoom Call (Join from a PC: https://ucsd.zoom.us/j/5627559966) - Orientation Webinar Agenda
- Wednesday, May 27 at 8:00am Pacific Time - Zoom Call (Join from a PC: https://ucsd.zoom.us/j/5627559966) - Orientation Webinar Agenda
- Sunday, August 2 at 5:00pm Pacific Time - In-person meeting at the DeNeve Building (room location to be advised)
Other Relevant Information