Early Bird Special Tuition
(After July 16)
|UCLA Campus Housing||
Single room (1 person) - $161 per night includes (1) meal package of 3 meals per day
FSCI will begin promptly at 9:00 AM on Monday, August 3rd and end at 3:00 PM on Friday, August 7, 2020.
- Tuition includes 5 days of classes: (1) 4-day class (approximately 13 hours) and (2) 2-day 6-hour classes plus plenary sessions and social activities
- Tuition includes all course materials.
- Tuition includes coffee each morning.
- Housing fees are not included in the tuition fees. Please see below for housing options. You will be able to register for campus housing through the FSCI registration system.
- Meals are not included in the tuition fees. 3 meals per day are included in the cost of the campus housing package for those who choose to stay in designated on-campus housing.
- For FSCI participants who do not stay on campus: discounted lunch tickets are available through online registration, and must be purchased in advance to receive a discount.
Single - $161.00 per night: One person in private room with private bathroom including 3 cafeteria meals per day. Though rooms have 2 beds, the single rate is for one person only. If you plan to share a room with someone, please select a double room.
Double - $206.00 per night: Two people sharing one room with one bathroom, including 3 cafeteria meals per day per person. Please note: in the registration system you will be asked to pay for the full amount. If you plan to share the cost with your roommate, please contact FSCI Housing in advance of registration to discuss payments process - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooms are available starting Sunday, August 2 through Saturday, August 8. If you require rooms before or after these dates, please contact us by emailing Lusia at 'email@example.com'. If rooms are available on campus for dates prior to and following the FSCI dates they “MAY” be in a different building and will require the guest to move to the FSCI room building during the Institute dates.
If you require a room that meets Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, they are available - just let us know at 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
FSCI participants are housed in the DeNeve Residential Plaza on campus in building A (Acacia) and B (Birch), a 24-hour front desk with services for check-in, messages, and information. Single-occupancy or double-occupancy rooms are available, with private baths and air conditioning. While the guest rooms are private, secure, and in newer residential buildings, they are nevertheless in student housing (aka dorms) and do not meet typical hotel standards. All rooms include extra-long twin beds. Linens, basic toiletries, and daily housekeeping services are provided. Self-service laundry (operated by cards purchased from the front desk) is available in every building.
- Air Conditioning
- Private bathrooms for Single Rooms
- Shared bathrooms for Double Rooms
- Linens (sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase)
- Towel and washcloth
- Basic toiletries (shampoo, hair conditioner, lotion, soap, toilet paper)
- Daily housekeeping
- Wireless Internet
- Lighting - overhead only (no bedside lamps available)
There are no televisions or radios in the rooms, and hair dryers and irons are not supplied.
Recreational facilities are available to FSCI participants staying in campus housing. Your campus housing key provides access to UCLA's Olympic-quality recreation facilities, including:
Central Campus Gym – John Wooden Center (a 5-minute walk, but an amazing facility featuring racquetball, squash and basketball courts, a rock-climbing wall, and workout facilities.)
- Monday: 5:30am-11:45pm
- Tuesday: 5:30am-11:45pm
- Wednesday: 5:30am-12:00am (Overnight)
- Thursday: 12:00am-11:45pm
- Friday: 5:30am-9:45pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-8:45pm
- Sunday: 8:00am-8:45pm
Smaller Gym – B-FIT (most convenient from DeNeve housing, in between De Neve Plaza and Carnesale Commons building,)
- Monday-Thursday: 6:00am-1:00am
- Friday: 6:00am-9:30pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-8:00pm
Sunset Canyon Recreation Center (Pools and outdoor activities) - Facility hours include lawn spaces, volleyball courts, picnic areas, and locker rooms. Pool hours vary from the facility hours. Please see the swim calendar for pool hours.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-8:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday: 8:00am-8:00pm
Bicycle rentals are available through UCLA Recreation, in the John Wooden Center, There are also rentable bikes and scooters found all over campus.
If you are staying in UCLA Housing on campus and arriving on Saturday, August 1st or Sunday, August 2nd, you will check-in at DeNeve Commons Building. Check-in each day begins at 4:00 PM, and on Sunday afternoon you can pick up your FSCI badge at the same time at the FSCI Registration table on the DeNeve Building 3rd floor. If you arrive early you may check your bags at the front housing desk.
From Monday, August 5th onward, FSCI registration will open at 8:00 AM in the Palisades Ballroom Foyer in the Carnesale Commons Building.
Check-in Time: 4:00 pm (If you arrive early, you may store your luggage at the De Neve housing front desk until check-in time)
FSCI campus housing check-in will be located at the De NEVE plaza front desk- 351 Charles E. Young Drive West, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (West is important).
DeNeve Front Desk: (310) 825-5451 (Open 24 hours)
Check-out Time: 11:00 am
Room keys must be returned to the housing front desk.
- There will be a charge for each lost or unreturned key of $10 for each non-returned electronic key and $60 for each non-returned metal key.