This group is working with data repositories on best practices that repositories can follow to support data citation:
- machine-readable landing pages
- use of persistent identifiers (in collaboration with the Identifiers Expert Group)
- support of community metadata standards
Develop a set of recommendations and minimal requirements for repositories to implement a landing page with metadata supporting data citation.
The group has started to have biweekly calls, and will meet in person at the end of June.
Deliverables and Timeline
- by the end of June: draft recommendations for repositories to support data citation
- by the end of August: final recommendations for repositories to support data citation