Gimena del Rio RiandeFORCE11 Member since March 19, 2014
- Organization/Institution: Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET, Argentina)
- CV: View [profile2:user:profile-member:field_first_name] [profile2:user:profile-member:field_last_name]'s C.V.
- ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-8997-5415
- Twitter: @gimenadelr
- Website: http://linhd.uned.es/gimenadelrio/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gimenadelrioriande0
- Skype: gimenagallega
I am PhD in Romance Philology (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Summa cum Laude). Nowadays I am a Researcher at the Seminario de Edicion y Crítica Textual of the National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET). I give courses on Romance Philology and Digital Humanities at the University of Buenos Aires and LINHD. My main academic interests deal with scholarly edition, the development, use, and methodologies of scholarly digital tools and also the study of how new scientific field like Digital Humanities is "born" in a country where technological issues are part of the social, cultural and economic context. That is why I have been working since 2013 on the creation of a Digital Humanities community in Argentina and I am nowadays the vicepresident of the Asociación Argentina de Humanidades Digitales (AAHD). I organized the I National Conference on Digital Humanities in Buenos Aires (2014) and I am organizing the first international Conference on Digital Humanities in November 2016. I also work in SIGs like Global Outllook (ADHO), and I am vocal at Humanidades Digitales Hispánicas (HDH, Spain).