Curriculum Vitae Dr. Himadri Sikhor Das, MD
Name :Himadri Sikhor Das
Medical speciality Radiology
Years of specialty 14+ after Masters Program (M.D)
Home adress House#9, Amravati lane, christianbasti,
Opp: Dispur Sub Post Office,
City: Guwahati, Post Office: – Dispur,
State: Assam, India
Pin code: 781005
Fix phone number +91-361-2464969 (off)
Mobile number +91-98640-67142
Date of birth 01-01-1970
Marital status Married
Children (if applicable) Two( Boy aged 12 years & girl aged 7 years)
January 1989 to September 1993
Guwahati Medical College & Hospital
(GMCH), Guwahati, Assam, India
• General Medicine,
• General Surgery
• Obs & Gynae
Passed all subjects at 1st attempt with “A” grades
Registration of MBBS degree & Registration No:
12662 of Sept,1994 ( Assam Council of Medical Registration)
Postgraduate education and training
December, 1995 to January, 1999Department of Radiology,
Assam Medical College & Hospital (AMCH), Dibrugarh, Assam, India
M.D.RADIOLOGY SPECIALIST REGISTRATION NO :
1575 of Feb,1999 (Assam council of medical registration)
Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroradiology
Post - Doctoral Fellowship (PDCC) in Neuro- Radiology w.e.f. 1st April 99 to 31st March 2000 from Deptt. of Radiology & Imaging, Institute of Neurological Sciences (INS) and GNRC Heart Center, Near Dispur Supermarket, Kamrup, Guwahati-6, Assam, India
• Underwent five months supervised training in INS (GNRC), Guwahati for CT, MRI and DSA while pursuing three year master’s (MD) program in the year 1997.
• Attended workshop in Musculoskeletal USG in 2000 in Guwahati under aegis of IRIA Assam Branch in the year 1998
• Attended Critical Care Workshop held in GNRC Hospitals in 1999 and presented a paper titled “Role of Imaging in Critically ill ICU patients”
• Undertook two Academic Projects while pursuing Postgraduate Fellowship in Neuroradiology titled:
“MR morphology of Intracranial Tuberculomas” and “CT and MR Imaging in Cervical Myeloradiculopathies“which was presented in the Annual Regional Conference of Neurosciences of North East India (ANEICON) in the year 2000.
• Attended International Conference of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR) in New Delhi, Jan 2001 and also presented a paper titled “CT Imaging in Vertebrobasilar Insufficiency (VBI)
• Attended a Pediatric Neuroradiology Conference in GMCH, Guwahati and presented a paper titled “Role of MRI in Childhood Epilepsies” in Dec 2003
• Attended world MR end users conference (Siemens, magnetom) in 2004 in Goa and presented a paper titled “MRCP evaluation in Obstructive Jaundice”.
• Participated in almost all the National Conferences of Indian Radiology & Imaging Association (IRIA), also many other local and regional Radiology Conferences and
• Participated in advanced life support / emergency / management of polytrauma camps & attending to deliveries as JHO for a period of one year in Red Cross hospital, Guwahati in the years 1993-94.
• Consultant Radiologist and Director, Matrix (Unit of Apace Imaging & Diagnostic Centre Pty Ltd), w.e.f. 1st march 2006 till date.
Address:Matrix, House # 25, 1st Bye lane , Tarun Nagar, ABC, Near Rajiv Bhawan, Dist: Kamrup, Guwahati-781005, Assam, India
• Honorary Academic Consultant & Thesis Guide, Diplomate of National Board (DNB) - w.e.f March,2010 till date ,
Address: Deptt. of Radiology & Imaging, Institute of Neurological Sciences (INS) and GNRC Heart Center, Dispur Supermarket, Dist: Kamrup, Guwahati-781006, Assam, India
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Consultant Radiologist w.e.f. September 2002 to 28th Feb, 2006,PRIMUS Imaging,G.S.Road, Bhangagarh, Kamrup ,Guwahati-5, Assam India
• Consultant Radiologist w.e.f. 10th December2001 to 5th September 2002,Sehgal’s Neurological Research Centre (ADS Diagnostics),B – 21, Kailash Colony, New Delhi – 48,India ,
• Senior Resident (Registrar) w.e.f. 6th September 2000 to 6th December 2001,Department of Neuroradiology, C.N. Centre, All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi – 29, India ,
• Post - Doctoral Fellowship (PDCC) in Neuro- Radiology w.e.f. 1st April 99 to 31st March 2000, Deptt. of Radiology & Imaging, Institute of Neurological Sciences (INS) and GNRC Heart Center, Near Dispur Supermarket, Kamrup, Guwahati-6, Assam, India
• Junior Medical Officer w.e.f 31st Oct. 94 to 31st Sept. 95,Red Cross Hospital, Navagiri Road, Dist: Kamrup, Chandmari, Guwahati–3, Assam
• Rotatory Clinical Internship , w.e.f 20th Aug 93 to 3rd Sept,94, Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Dist: Kamrup, Guwahati-781005, Assam, India
Clinical skills, operations, medical- examinations, techniques or experiences
Clinical skills, operations, medical- examinations Number performed pr. year Number performed in total Experience in years
1.whole body CT Scans
2000-2500 approx, >35,000 approx, 14 years
2 Whole body MRI
1000- 1500approx , >20,000 approx, 14 years
1000-1500 approx, >20,000 approx, 14 years
4. Xrays, 2000-2500 approx, >35,000 approx, 14 years
5.Basic Interventions (guided FNA’s / biopsies/ abscess drainage/ascitic & pleural fluid tappings
200 to 250 approx, >3000 approx, 12 years
6 Barium Studies using IITV
1000-1200 approx , >12,500 approx, 14 years
7. CT myelograms >100 (approx)
8.CT guided amphotericin B injections in patients with intracavitary mycetomas , >50 approx
10.Small bowel enteroclysis using BD tube >50 approx
Research and publications
• Topic of thesis undertaken during three year Master’s Program (M.D.) in Deptt of Radiology & Orthopaedics Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh, Assam, India titled“An Evaluative Study of the value of Iohexol Myelography in the diagnosis of Lumbar Disc Lesions”.
• “Imaging Features of Osteoid Osteoma in Plain Radiograph, CT and MR : A Case Report and Review of Literatures” Ind J Radiol Imag 2005 15:4:481-484, http://www.ijri.org
on Saturday, July 05, 2014, IP: 184.108.40.206
• Scientific paper presented in International Congress of Radiology (ICR, Sept. 98, New Delhi). “Tuberculous Osteomyelitis of the Skull”.
• Scientific paper presented in International Congress of Radiology (ICR, Sept. 98, New Delhi) titled “Primary Brain Stem Injury”.
• Research paper titled “Hepato-Cellular Carcinoma- Multiphasic helical CT evaluation in 27 patients” presented at 14th biennial conference of Asia Pacific Congress for Study of Liver (AALD-APASL 2004), New Delhi ,Dec”04. Abstract published in the Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology.
• Presented scientific paper titled “Cerebral Hammartomatous lesions in clinically diagnosed children with NF-II - A Pictorial Essay” in the XVIII Symposium Neuroradiologicum in Adelaide, Australia from 19th to 24th March, 2006
• Presented scientific paper titled “ Tubercular Spondylo-diskitis and Cord Tuberculoma at the same Vertebral level-A Case Report” in the XVIII Symposium Neuroradiologicum held in Adelaide, Australia from 19th to 24th march, 2006
whole body X-ray/ CT / MRI with emphasis on:
? Cranio- Spinal Imaging including Head & Neck, base of skull, paranasal sinuses & mastoid imaging.
? Special interest in Stroke , Brain Tumours ,Ocular/Orbital Imaging &
? Trauma and Emergency Radiology
? Small part USG: thyroid, breast, scrotum etc
? Basic Interventions (USG/CT Guided FNA,aspirations,biopsies etc)
^^Setting up an online Radiology Repository/Biobank for Non profit Academic & Research purposes
Managing and administrative skills and experiences
• Administration of routine working protocols in the department. Overall have been leading a departmental staff comprising of 54 people since the last 8 years as
• Training of personnel, junior residents , PG & Diploma in Radiography students ,
• Monitoring technical and machinery details including regular scheduling of preventive maintenance , AMC/CMC services ,
• Interacting with trade and industry personnel
• Fixing regular / emergency duty rosters for the doctors as well as technicians
• Undertaking departmental audit & implementation of GCP & other National Accrediation (ISO9008 & NABL) guidelines
• Academics comprising of Journal club, City Chapter meets, CME’s & conferences.
• Generating inputs for overall improvement in departmental work.
LEADERSHIP / ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Past Vice President, Assam State Branch of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association, 2010-2011
• Scientific Convenor, Academic Forum of the Guwahati City Chapter of Radiology, Guwahati, India, since 2009 till 2013.
• Past (2009-2010) and Present (2012-2013) Nominated Central Council Member, Assam State Branch, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association (IRIA).
• Provincial representative in the Executive council of Indian Society of Neuroradiology (ISNR), 2004-2005
• Medical editor, Radiology newsletter named "Images' during fellowship in Institute of Neurosciences, Guwahati Neurological Research Centre (GNRC Hospitals) 1999-
• Part of rural health care services of a corporate charity trust in NE India, 2005-08
• Anti-malaria programs initiated by the Govt. of India, as an intern / house officer.
• Community child healthcare immunization programs like pulse polio immunization program and other similar initiatives of the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India
• Organizational and participatory experience in flood reliefs, health camps, multiple blood donation camps run by Social Services Wing of Gauhati Medical College &
Hospital students’ union in Medical School (GMCH,1999-2003)
• Some organizational experience of health awareness outreach and immunization clinics, first-aid centers, blood donation rallies, STD awareness camps.
English Fluent (Read/Write)
Assamese (Mother Tongue)
Bengali Fluent read
-Very good knowledge of WINDOWS: MS office including Word,excel,power point, onenote
-Relatively good knowledge of : Google for work apps
-Working knowledge of Linux Mint
-ADOBE documents including reader & creative cloud
-Healthcare social media using FB,Linkedin, pinterest,google+
Health care Blog : Creator & site administrator of Wordpress hosted radiology blog ”Radiozen”
Nature & wildlife
Membership of medical socities
Society Period Description of society and its national status
1.Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA) ,http//:www.iria.in
w.e.f 1999-2000 onwards
Life Membership No: 106LM/A-61A
2.Indian College of Radiology & Imaging ( ICRI) http//:www.icri.com
w.e.f 2010 onwards
Life Membership No : R-3 / D-6B
3. Indian Medical Academy (IMA)
Wef 2010 onwards, +
Life Membership No:
4. Indian Society of Neuroradiology (ISNR)
Wef 2000- 2001, Life Membership no: LM/93
5. Indian Red Cross
Wef 2000- 2001, Life Membership no: GRC/RCH/MO/99/406
6.International Youth Hostels Association-
Wef 2000- 2001,Life Membership no: 027/ASA06/L054153
7.European Society of Radiology (ESR)
8.Radiological Society of North America(RSNA)
, Corresponding Member w.e.f . 2013, C.No: 00673949
I, Dr Himadri Sikhor Das hereby state that all the facts and figures as stated above are updated and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Dated: 7th Nov,2015 Place: Guwahati,Assam,India