John ChodackiFORCE11 Member since March 20, 2013
- Organization/Institution: CDL - California Digital Library
- CV: View [profile2:user:profile-member:field_first_name] [profile2:user:profile-member:field_last_name]'s C.V.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnchodacki
- Skype: chodacki
John Chodacki is Director of the University of California Curation Center (UC3) at California Digital Library (CDL). As Director of UC3, John works across the UC campuses and the broader community to ensure that CDL’s digital curation services meet the emerging needs of the scholarly community, including digital preservation, data management, and reuse. In addition, John represents CDL in the global research community (funders, libraries, archives, publishers, researchers) and defines and prioritizes new and improved services for UC3. Prior to CDL, John worked at Public Library of Science (PLOS) where, as Product Director, he was responsible for product strategy and led key organization-wide initiatives in taxonomy development, data policy, and article-level metrics.
I have experience in publishing, open access, open data and board governance:
- Publishing: I have led product development teams at several publishing and technology firms, including O’Reilly Media, VIZ Media, Zinio, Creative Edge, Safari Books Online, and PLOS.
- Data: At CDL, I oversee teams focused on data management planning, data publication, and digital preservation. In addition, I have led cross-industry data metrics R&D projects and the techincal implementation of PLOS' data policy.
- Volunteer Work: I have served on executive committees and boards of several organizations focused on the future of a scholarly communications including Crossref, Datacite, COUNTER and the Collaborative Knowledge (Coko) Foundation.