Kathryn HuffFORCE11 Member since July 10, 2015
- Organization/Institution: University of California - Berkeley
- CV: View [profile2:user:profile-member:field_first_name] [profile2:user:profile-member:field_last_name]'s C.V.
- ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7075-6802
- Twitter: katyhuff
- Website: http://katyhuff.github.io
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=30623475
- Skype: katyhuff
Kathryn (Katy) Huff is a Fellow with the Berkeley Institute for Data Science and a postdoctoral scholar with the Nuclear Science and Security Consortium at the University of California Berkeley. In 2013, she received her Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Wisconsin Madison. She also holds a bachelor's degree in Physics from the University of Chicago. She has participated in varied research including experimental cosmological astrophysics, experimental non-equilibrium granular material phase dynamics, computational nuclear fuel cycle analysis, and computational reactor accident neutronics. She is a co-author of the new O'Reilly book "Effective Computation in Physics," was a co-founder of The Hacker Within, and has been an instructor for Software Carpentry since 2011. Among other professional service, she is the Chair of the Software Carpentry Foundation Steering Committee, a division officer in the American Nuclear Society, and has served three consecutive years as a SciPy organizer.