Rebecca FarringtonFORCE11 Member since May 1, 2019
- Organization/Institution: The University Of Melbourne
- CV: View [profile2:user:profile-member:field_first_name] [profile2:user:profile-member:field_last_name]'s C.V.
- ORCID ID: 0000-0002-2594-6965
- Twitter: @_BecFarrington_
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-farrington-34389545/
My research interests focus on numerical modelling of large-scale geodynamic systems by applying the principles of continuum mechanics to the surface and interior of our planet, attempting to understand the dynamic evolution of Earth. I am especially interested in the driving forces that produce plate tectonics and the surface expression resulting from the interaction between the upper mantle and continental lithosphere.
I also spend time as an Academic Convenor on The University of Melbourne's Petascale Campus Initiative; talking about, developing and supporting data-intensive research programs and capability.