Simon WorthingtonFORCE11 Member since April 19, 2018
- Organization/Institution: Open Science Lab - German National Library of Science and Technology
- CV: View [profile2:user:profile-member:field_first_name] [profile2:user:profile-member:field_last_name]'s C.V.
- ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8579-9717
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrchristian99
- Website: https://research.consortium.io
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonworthington/
- Skype: @mrchristian3
Simon Worthington is a researcher in future publishing, including — free and open source software, economic models, and the politics of Open Science. Author of ‘The Book Liberation Manifesto’ outlining plans for the automation of publishing infrastructures to contribute to making research available to all. He is the Editor of ‘Generation Research’ an editorial platform for Open Science in Europe for the Leibniz Association Research Alliance Open Science and is based in R&D at the Open Science Lab, TIB – German National Library of Science and Technology. In 1994 he co-founded and published Mute magazine and continues as a member of the editorial collective and as publisher. He originally studied Fine Art at the Slade School, UCL (UK) and CalArts, Los Angeles (USA).