Timothy D BowmanFORCE11 Member since March 30, 2017
- Organization/Institution: Wayne State University
- CV: View [profile2:user:profile-member:field_first_name] [profile2:user:profile-member:field_last_name]'s C.V.
- ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0247-4771
- Twitter: @timothydbowman
- Website: http://www.tdbowman.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothybowman/
Timothy D. Bowman is an Assistant Professor in the School of Library and Information Science. Prior to joining the SLIS faculty, Timothy completed a one year postdoctoral position at the Research Unit for the Sociology of Education (RUSE) at the University of Turku, Finland where he conducted research on open science, scholarly communication, and altmetrics. Before this he worked as a research professional at the Universitè de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada investigating scholarly communication, bibliometrics, citation analysis, and altmetrics. While completing his Ph.D. at Indiana University, Bloomington, Timothy taught multiple graduate level courses as an adjunct faculty member and participated in various NSF and NEH funded grant projects in the fields of Digital Humanities and Scholarly Communication. His area of research interest includes applying social, psychological, linguistic, and philosophical theories and methods to the study of scholarly communication, altmetrics, open science, the academic reward system, and the presentation of self in online environments.